Table of Contents
Pinterest is a highly visual platform, with users saving and sharing images and videos on a wide variety of topics, from food and fashion to home decor and travel. With over 450 million active users, Pinterest allows businesses to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to their website and increase sales. 87% of Pinterest users say the platform has helped them make a purchase decision. So, it is very important to learn how to use Pinterest for businesses and implement it soon.
This article will cover the five biggest ways businesses will be using Pinterest in 2023.
Impact of Pinterest on Business
Pinterest is a highly visual platform that’s popular among millennials, with 80% of them using it. Women account for 60% of all Pinterest users. According to a survey, 87% of Pinterest users say the platform has helped them make a purchase decision.
Pinterest is also a major driver of website traffic, surpassing Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn combined. Businesses can take advantage of advertising options such as Promoted Pins, Promoted Videos, and Shopping Ads. With 97% of Pinterest searches being unbranded, small businesses have an excellent opportunity to increase brand awareness.
Additionally, businesses can create boards to showcase their products or services, and use Pinterest Analytics and Pinterest Trends to track performance & identify popular search terms.
Related: Grow LinkedIn Business Page
Do Businesses Use Pinterest?
Pinterest is a popular platform for businesses to market their products or services & drive traffic to their website. With over 450 million monthly active users, it provides a large audience for businesses to target with visually appealing & relevant content.
Here are some key points to consider when using Pinterest for business:
- Visual platform: Pinterest is a highly visual platform, so it’s important to create high-quality and visually appealing pins and boards that showcase your products or services.
- Target audience: Pinterest is particularly popular among female users, making it a great channel for businesses that target women.
- Promote brand: By creating boards that showcase your brand and pins that promote your products or services, you can use Pinterest to build a stronger brand presence online.
- Drive traffic: Pinterest can be a powerful traffic driver for businesses. By linking your pins to your website or blog, you can direct users to your site and increase your online visibility.
- Evergreen content: Content on Pinterest is often “evergreen,” meaning it can continue to be relevant and useful to users over time. This means that your hard work can pay off long after you’ve initially shared your content.
How Can I Create a Business Account on Pinterest?
Creating a business account on Pinterest is easy and free. Here’s how:
- Go to Pinterest, click on “Sign up“.
- Select “Create a business account“
- Fill out your business information, including your business name, website, and profile photo
- Verify your website (this step is optional but recommended)
- Set up your profile by adding a description and selecting relevant topics
- Start creating boards and pins to showcase your products or services
Congratulations! You now have a business account on Pinterest.
Also read: How to Grow Instagram Followers Organically
How to Use Pinterest for Businesses?
The below video can be life-changing for your business dream:
Here are the top 6 strategies that can be considered before using Pinterest for your business:
1. Create High-Quality Visual Content
To succeed on Pinterest, it’s crucial to create eye-catching visual content. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use high-quality, high-resolution images that showcase your products or services.
- Create custom graphics that stand out and align with your brand’s aesthetic.
- Incorporate videos to give your audience a better understanding of what you offer.
- Optimize your visual content by using vertical images with a 2:3 aspect ratio, as these perform best on Pinterest.
2. Optimize Your Pins for Search
Pinterest is not just a social media platform; it’s also a search engine that can be used to promote your business. To ensure that your content is seen by the right people, you can follow these tips:
- Conduct keyword research to find out what your target audience is searching for on Pinterest
- Use those keywords in your pin descriptions, board titles, and profile to optimize your content for search
- Incorporate relevant hashtags into your pins to increase their discoverability
- Remember to use high-quality images that are visually appealing to attract more users to your pins
3. Engage with Your Audience
Pinterest is a social platform, and engaging with your audience is key to building a strong presence on the platform. Here are some strategies to help you engage with your audience:
- Respond to comments and messages promptly.
- Follow other users in your industry and engage with their content.
- Join group boards related to your niche and contribute valuable content.
- Host contests and giveaways to encourage engagement.
4. Use Rich Pins
Rich Pins are a type of Pinterest pin that includes additional information about your products or services. They come in four types: product, recipe, article, and app. Product Rich Pins include pricing information, availability, and where to buy, while Recipe Rich Pins include ingredients, cooking times, and serving sizes.
Article Rich Pins provide headlines, authors, and descriptions, while App Rich Pins come with an install button for mobile apps. Using Rich Pins can help increase engagement with your pins and drive traffic to your website.
5. Collaborate with Influencers
When it comes to collaborating with influencers on Pinterest, authenticity is key. You want to work with influencers who truly believe in your brand and are passionate about promoting it to their followers. This will help ensure productivity and accuracy.
Additionally, it is important to establish a clear understanding of the goals and expectations of the management team up front. This will prevent any confusion or misunderstanding later.
Remember that the goal of working with influencers is to reach a wider audience and increase engagement with your brand. So, be sure to choose the right influencers and work with them in a way that feels right by nature and truth.
6. Use Pinterest Analytics to Measure Performance
To understand how your Pinterest strategy is performing, you need to track your metrics using Pinterest Analytics. Here are some key metrics to keep an eye on:
- Impressions: the number of times your content has been seen on Pinterest.
- Saves: the number of times your content has been saved by users.
- Clicks: the number of clicks your content has received, leading users to your website.
- Engagement: the number of likes, comments, and repins your content has received.
By tracking these metrics, you can identify which strategies are working and adjust your approach accordingly.
Related: How to Use Instagram for Small Business
How Often to Post on Pinterest for Business
When it comes to posting on Pinterest for business, it’s important to prioritize quality and relevance over frequency.
While posting regularly can help you stay visible and engage your audience, it’s better to focus on creating high-quality content that resonates with your target audience.
As a general thumb-rule, posting on a weekly basis can be a good starting point. This allows you to consistently share new ideas and inspiration with your followers without overwhelming them with too much content at once. However, you can target more followers by publishing 3-5 posts a week.
Related: How to Increase YouTube Subscription and Watch Time
How Do I Make My Business Pins Go Viral?
There’s no guaranteed formula for making your business pins go viral, but there are some strategies that you can use to increase their visibility and engagement. To increase the visibility and engagement of your business pins on Pinterest, consider these tips:
- Create high-quality, visually appealing pins that are relevant to your business and audience.
- Use keyword-rich descriptions and hashtags to make your pins easier to find in search results.
- Engage with your audience by responding to comments, thanking people who share your pins, and sharing user-generated content to build a sense of community.
- Collaborate with other businesses or influencers in your niche to create joint or group boards.
- Promote your pins on other social media channels and include links to your pins in email newsletters or on your website.
Why Is Pinterest Good for Business
Pinterest is an excellent platform for companies to promote their products or services to reach a wider audience.
Here are some reasons to consider using Pinterest for your business.
- Highly engaged: Pinterest users are highly engaged and actively seek out new ideas and products to try. This means your business has a better chance of reaching an audience of consumers.
- Visual appeal: Pinterest is very visually appealing, which makes it perfect for showcasing your products or services through high-quality images and videos.
- Increase Traffic: By including links to your website in your pins, you can increase traffic to your site as well as increase your visibility online.
- Brand Awareness: Pinterest is a great way to increase your brand awareness and exposure, especially if your business targets a female audience.
- Cost effectiveness: Unlike other social media platforms, Pinterest costs very little as well as it can provide businesses with a high return on investment (ROI).
Related: How to Create the Facebook Page
Here are some important Pinterest terminology with short definitions:
1. Pin – An image or video added to Pinterest.
2. Board – A collection of related Pins.
3. Repin – Sharing someone else’s Pin to one of your own boards.
4. Like – A way to save a Pin to your profile without adding it to a specific board.
5. Pinners – People who use Pinterest.
6. Pinfeed – A feed of Pins from people and boards you follow.
7. Home Feed – A feed of Pins from all categories and interests.
8. Rich Pins – Pins that include extra information such as pricing or ingredients.
9. Promoted Pins – Pins that are paid for by advertisers to reach a wider audience.
10. Hashtag – A word or phrase preceded by the # symbol used to categorize and discover Pins on a specific topic.
To wrap it up, Pinterest is a potent tool that companies can utilize to reach a vast audience through visually stunning content. Employing these five tactics can enhance your presence on Pinterest, increase your website traffic, and introduce your brand to a fresh audience.
Keep in mind that generating high-quality visuals, optimizing your pins for search, engaging with your audience, utilizing Rich Pins, and partnering with influencers are all crucial strategies.
By following these guidelines, you can harness the influence of Pinterest to your business’s advantage in 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Rich Pins and how can they help my business?
Rich Pins are a type of Pinterest pin that includes additional information about your products or services. They can help increase engagement with your pins and drive traffic to your website.
What types of content should I post on Pinterest?
You should post a variety of content on Pinterest, including high-quality images, infographics, how-to guides, and inspirational content related to your industry.
How can I grow my following on Pinterest?
To grow your following on Pinterest, engage with your followers by responding to comments and messages, collaborate with influencers, and promote your Pinterest account on your other social media platforms.
How often should I post on Pinterest?
You should aim to post on Pinterest at least once a day, but no more than 10 times a day, to ensure that your content is seen by your followers without overwhelming their feeds.
How can I use Pinterest to drive traffic to my website?
You can use Pinterest to drive traffic to your website by including links to your website in your pins, creating boards that are relevant to your website content, and using Rich Pins to provide additional information about your products or services.